Mmmmmm! Ice cream. Soy ice cream, actually - but just as good!
And check out those big brown eyes. (That's bizarre - I just previewed the post and his eyes look all messed up and weird!)
So I posted about their weirdness prior to this post...and what else happened to day...
I went to the daycare centre and met with the teacher who will be working with Cuyler. I brought a pack of diapers, wipes, a toothbrush and a soother so I wouldn't have to bother with all of that next week. We were trying to decide how best to transition him on Tuesday. I don't think there is a painless way to do it, unfortunately. They go out at 9am for an hour...so I would have dropped him off outside and then they would have had to coax him into a place he's never been before (inside). It was decided that after he did so well at CIP that I wouldn't go with him to the daycare and "stay" with him for any visits. That would confuse him and he'd assume that Mommy would always stay. Not sure how I feel about that now...time will tell. So we decided that I would bring him at 8:20 (that's early for me). He'd play for 15-20 minutes, have snack, tidy up and then go outside. She said to call at 10 and see how he's doing and that she'd like to keep him the full morning, so to pack a lunch.
I am beginning to feel anxious...scared and nervous. I'm sure the exact same way every parent feels when they are dropping their child off at daycare for the very first time - diagnosis or not.
I even went out and bought the nicest smelling baby soap and lotion I could find. In my twisted, paranoid mind I think they'll treat him better if he smells good. That sounds so f'd up! But I do feel that way.
And just to make sure that Cam knows we care about him and his big day next week (...well 20 minutes the first day, 2 hours - 4 days later, 1/2 a day - 2days after that, then a full day of school 2 days after that) God I hate this staggered entry. I gues for the little ones who ned it, ya it's fine - but I think it'll piss Cam off. "Why can't I go all day?" "When do I get to eat lunch there?" He's been in a prgram for 2 years now so he's more than ready. I can see for the little one who have never been away, they'd need the slow transition. ANYWAYS, I digress...I packed him his snack and his lunch in the lunchbag and put that into his backpack to make sure he was able to open and close the containers and to see if his lunch was still hot in the thermos. I am SO not worried about him - he could open everything - even unscrew his thermos lid, he ate everything and put it all away all by himself. We even worked on wiping his own bum today. He left the toilet paper on the floor and forgot to flush. But his arse was clean. Good job buddy!
Last night I stayed up until midnight to register them for swimming. Online registration began at midnight. And just to let you know why I stayed up so late to do it - Cams class was full, with no available spots left by 12:30am. This town is messed up with their rec programs!! They just cannot accomodate everybody. The E-Reg was so busy at midnight that our credit card was declined 4 times because the server was too busy to process it. I was shitting my pants that our card was actually being declined for financial reasons - but apparently it happened to quite a few people. So that's done.
I thought this week was a dead week for us - with NO appointments...us just hanging out. But I was wrong. We had the developmental consultant and the resource consultant here on Tuesday. I had the meeting with the centre today and we have the physiotherapist and resource consultant coming at 10am tomorrow. I will be so glad and relieved that all of his therapies can take place within the centre once he starts and I won't have to worry about the house being clean or having enough gas to get from here to there. They'll both be SOOO So so close to home!
Sean is taking Friday off and we are going to the zoo. Cams excited and I am really anxious to see how Cuyler will react this year. If he'll be excited with each animal he sees or if he'll spend the day saying "all done!" "Bye bye aafant" "bye bye bear" "bye bye muh-kee" If it's warm enough we'll try him at Splashzone (in the zoo). This year, he likes the small splashpad near our house, so he shouldn't be too freaked out here...who knows...like everything - we gotta try!
I can' believe tomorrow is SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home