We found the source of the wasps that have invaded our backyard. It was easily removed - thank God. They had been stripping the wood off of the play structure and I couldn't figure out where the heck they were coming from. Cam made this birdfeeder at nursery school in the winter and it's been in the birch ever since.
It's gone now tho.
A good day today. I cancelled speech as we had too much on the go today and couldn't have gotten all the running around done - plus I just can't afford the gas to get from Georgetown to Brampton, back to Georgetown, then to Milton and back to Georgetown. Not at 99.9cents!
So we just had a quiet morning. I took Cam to Gramma's so I could "chat" with the RC at CIP. I am not pleased with the outcome. I asked her if she liked her job and I also told her I needed to feel like she was really on board and on our team. She seemed to make excuses about not knowing Cuyler well enough yet, and when she went to play with him, he'd walk away. Fair enough.
The dealbreaker was when she said at one point that we "shouldn't expect too much from him. Don't set big goals. Then he can surprise you. It's not like he'll be a doctor or anything."
What the fuck is that??? How do you work with special needs children and have that kind of attitude??????? She needs to be telling me that he can do anything. That we should expect the world of him. I shouldn't have to tell her that.
I just do not know how I can let her work with him knowing she has that attitude. Plus she's pregnant (I just found out today), so she'll be leaving in January. I'll put a call in tomorrow and see if I can swing a new RC before his case conference on Sep 14th.
I called the speech path to cancel and had a great chat with her. She's coming to CIP to observe him next week. I am so happy about that. It's one thing to see him in a therapy room once a month for an hour. It'll be quite another to see him in a structured, social setting. She'll see him using his PECS and how successful he is with them. I really think she'll just get to know him better. The real Cuy - my Cuy. Then she'll have a better idea as to where to go for his treatment. Very excited about that!
I had a support group meeting tonight. There were 6 Moms that came. We were very chatty and there was alot of really serious discussions. Some somber. Some heated (not with each other...my RC story) . I think we've got a great group of Moms - very supportive with one another. Sometimes I feel like the big blabbermouth of the group and talk about stupid things...hopefully I'm not too annoying!
Didn't get any work done (calls made) today and I feel really bad about that. I have booked Mark 4 appointments so far and hopefully he doesn't mind me taking it slow until the boys are in school and I actually have "work hours"...
HA! I love that I may have a job! And I can stay home with my boys still! I really hope that this works!
Kelly arrives tomorrow night at 8pm!!!!
We're going to Dana and Chris's house for supper before the airport and will be meeting Michael (mums cousin) and Carol and their 3 kids there. It'll be interesting. If I remember correctly, one of their daughters was diganosed with autism when she was pretty young. I can't remember how old she is now - probably...12 or so. But I'm obviously anxious to speak with them!
And very anxious to see my sissy!!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home