
Check out the 2 little rock stars!! Cam's playing guitar as usual and Cuyler is drumming away. We think that Cam's going to be the next Dave Grohl - he's pretty obsessed with guitars AND drums and wants to be both when he grows up (that and a goalie).
FINALLY - a good day!
It really was! Andrea brought Caleb and Brodie over this morning to play and hang out for a bit. The kids played really well...as usual, Cuy sort of played around them - not with them. It's interesting to watch. It almost seems like he wants to play with them. But he just won't. I don't even think it's that he doesn't KNOW how...he just won't. I used to say - "he wants to jump in with them, but he doesn't know how". It's something beyond him not knowing how. Some sort of invisible boundry he puts up. I'm not explaining it well.
Anyways...so we had lots of fun with the Downs boys and had some lunch with them. I'm a great host - they had french fries for lunch...just fries...and ketchup...
Afterwards, Cam and Cuyler had some down time as they each had a pretty crappy sleep last night.
While they were quiet I was able to start my new job.
It's sounds weird to say that because I feel like I'm faking working, but anyways...I'm making calls for Mark and trying to book appts for him to see Allstream customers whose accounts he supports. (Is that right?)
I feel really silly, but I think I did a pretty decent job for my first time. I booked 3 meetings for him and was able to update some of the contact info. And people who were no longer with Allstream. And people who were no longer alive.
FOR REAL!! I called a company, asked for the contact name on the spreadsheet I had...the guy is dead. Little bit embarassed about that.
Just a little.
So I it gave me a bit of insight into what a non-childcare job might be like and I think I like what I saw. Even Sean and I were able to talk business for once!!! And I understood about 40% as opposed to the 0% I usually get out of our "business chats".
So maybe this could be the start of something for me. Who knows. I'll just start with this and see where it leads. It's pretty handy tho - working from home...on my clock. It should be great when the boys are settled into their school programs in Sept. Then I can expand and do more if I need or want to.
It was a great day. The kids were happy and we had a fun little evening out at the park and on a walk.
Sean said he was proud of me for getting started and he said I did a great job. It will always feel good when someone tells me I did a great job, or that they're proud of me - no matter how old I am.
So I will be sure to always tell my boys that. All three of them!
We just watched another GREAT episode of "Six Feet Under" - man! that is a great show! I can't believe there's only 2 more episodes left and then it's DONE! I won't write about it in case anybody who reads this only gets to see it on Showcase (Haha! Sucks to be you!).
~C


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home