Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I didn't have any pics from today, so I've added one from yesterday. For some reason I don't think people will read if there's no picture to grab them and draw them to the words...maybe it's just me..I like pictures.

Good day today. I think I missed the registration for Networking. And I am pissed.
I haven't missed one in ages and I was just so busy with Kelly here and all of our appointments are on Tues or Thurs and those were the days to sign up and register and I missed it last week...damn
Networking is where I drop the boys off in a gym program and go sit with other Moms and drink coffee and "listen" to a guest speaker talk about various parenting issues, most of which I have no interest in, but the fact that I get to finish a large coffee without having to microwave it at least twice because it take so long to drink at home is why I go. Oh ya - and it's great social experience for Cuyler...that too.

Last swimming class today...now we don't go until the end of Sept, so we'll have to take Cuy to a few family swims before the fall session starts just to kee him used to it. I'll sign them both up for Fall and Winter lesson tomorrow. Cam will go Mondays 7-7:30pm in the Fall and Mondays 10:30-11am in the Winter. Cuyler will go Thursdays 1-1:30 Fall & Winter - so won't have both of them together anymore, which is alright by me!
I swore I'd only put my kids in 1 sport or activity per season, but I think swimming is a life skill - so they're gonna know how to swim - even if they don't enjoy it, they'll at least know how.
Cam will be in hockey Tuesdays from 6-6:50 for 20 weeks, starting in October. He's so excited to get his skates back on - let's hope they fit him still.
Sean has hockey on Wednesdays and I signed up for deep water aquafit on Thursdays. I need something for me. And my dr insists that I excersice. He wasn't thrilled with the weight loss (I WAS!) and the fact that I don't excersice. I feel it in my body that I need to be more active. Plus my friend Robin is signing up for it and things are more fun when your not alone!

Not much else for today - a boring entry, but those are ok...that means that we had a good day.
I go tomorrow to meet with Cuylers teacher. I will drop off all of his things he'll need - diapers, wipes, a centre soother that will stay there. I want to give her some info on his diet and some strategies to help her deal with him during difficult situations and some of the things that calm him.
At least I know I'm not alone - my cousin Corrine's little guy Josh is starting daycare the same day as Cuyler...we'll call each other and cry.
I got him an awesome Franklin the Turtle insulated lunch bag, as I'll be providing his gfcf lunches and snacks. He just loves "KwayKway"!! (yes - that is how he says "Franklin")
I got it off ebay and should be here before school starts - fingers crossed!

Then there's Cam...my big kindergarten boy. We bought his backpak on the weekend and he picked out a lunch bag today...we're all set. Should I be sad? I don't think I am. I am excited for him. He's so smart and I think he'll do great. Heck - he's got 2 years of nursery school under his belt and he's only 4! I think once I see the big school and all the bigger kids it'll hit me. But I'm not dreading it or anxious quite yet...maybe next week.

A Cuyler funny that is only funny if you actually heard it. We were watching Bob The Builder and there was a line that he just couldn't stop laughing over...it was so random I don't know what was funny about it, but all Cam or I had to say was "Forget your birthday Bob? Oh Never!" and he would double over laughing. He even got the hiccups so bad from laughing a few times he did little throw up burps!

Ahh good times...

1 Comments:

Blogger Octobermom said...

Hi there! (It's Salome)
I'm having school anxiety myself with my two little ones starting next week. I need to accept that my kids adjust to things much better than I do!
I love that Cuyler laughs his butt off at that one line from BtheB. India finds gift wrap quite hysterical, I have no idea why. Having a kid with an ASD stinks most times, I mean let's be honest, this is not what we'd planned for them. But, man oh man, are they sweet and funny!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home