Saturday, August 20, 2005



Cam got his first "allowance" today.
Sean decided that we were going to go clean crazy on our upper level today and enlisted me to do the bathrooms, Cam to put the toys in their proper places and he'd put the laundry away (that was sitting in the basket for 3 days - putting it away is his job) and vacuum.

Cam did a great job (after all of his stalling tactics failed) and got 2 dollars (and 30 cents). He was allowed to go to the dollar store and buy 2 things - anything he wanted (the 30cents was to cover taxes).
He chose to buy this mini soccer/foos ball game for him AND Cuyler to share. He thought this was a great toy because it was made for 2 people to play - he had Cuyler in mind the whole time. He also bought a cute little cement truck for his sandbox. Hopefully this will prompt him to help out a bit more with his basic responsibilities, ie putting his things away, "folding" his bed (as he calls it).
He did get a tummy ache from having to clean up, but once I put him in bed to help him feel better - the tummy ache got better real quick.

We had a low key day today. Went out for a long drive and then went to Superstore to get their milk and chicken.
While in the store I slipped on a grape.
And fell down.
Mmm hmm...I fell down in the Superstore on a Saturday afternoon. I told the woman behind the produce counter that she needed to put a sign up on the floor and get it cleaned. When I told her I fell, she looked worried."OMIGOSH! You fell!?" "Yes I did."
I was sofa king embarassed, I just walked away while I heard some well dressed office-y looking guy who worked there say "It was just a grape."
Ya...and I could just sue you...but I won't...but I really need the money...and your kinda of an ass...so maybe I will...but I have enough going on...so your lucky - I won't...
Seriously - he's lucky I just hurt my knee's and my big right toe. And didn't break anything - that could HAVE happened .
Damn! Grapes are slippery.

We went to Mark and Mary's for dinner and had a lovely visit with them. Their house is so welcoming to Cuyler now...except for the dog - neither of my boys are dog lovers.
They have all the toys that Cuyler used to play with. He loves them at their house - but never bothered with them here. But he was busy playing and was in a great mood the whole time. Cam played poker with the men.
I think he's got the Luck 'o the Irish - he got some pretty great hands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home