Sunday, April 09, 2006

Today at 5:28pm my firstborn turned FIVE years old.
Such a great kid. Easy from the beginning. Really.
I got pregnant with him 2 weeks after I went off the pill.
I gave birth to him after only 1hour and 58 minutes of labour.
He nursed like a champ from the first suckle.
Slept through the night at 9 weeks.
At seven months old, he got 6 teeth in 6 weeks (every sunday night for 6 weeks he cut one - that's true!)
He basically toilet trained himself at 26 months old.

And he is beautiful. I know, I know...boys are cute, or handsome. But I just think that both my boys are exceptionally good looking kids.

Why does 5 sound so old? It really feels like a milestone birthday. I guess because he's not a toddler or a preschooler. Four is still "little boy".
Five - he's turining into a big boy...it was bittersweet. I couldn't be prouder of him, yet I hate that he is growing up so goddamn fast.

Friday was his "friend party" and we went bowling. They had a blast even though it was utter chaos. Cuyler quite enjoyed bowling and the photo's are hilarious. He even wanted bowling shoes on. (They'll be posted tomorrow - I'm on the laptop and have no acces at present)

Today we had a low key, at home day...Seans parents came by this morning, Seans sisters and niece came by around lunchtime. My Mom, Angie, Chris and kids came by after lunch. It was a great day that was spent entirely outside. That means the kids were alseep by 7pm!

It was a pretty fantastic weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Octobermom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAM!!!!!!

I wanna see pictures!!!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAM!

2:59 PM  
Blogger ♛Qu€€n♛J€§§¡¢a♛™ said...

Happy 5th Birthday Cam! It sounds like you had a great day! I KWYM about 5 seeming to be so grown up. I felt the same way when Juliana turned 5 yrs old. Suddenly there wasn't any babyish-ness left to her and she was this independant person!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

happy birthday Cam!

CRAZY that we have 5-year-olds!~

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home