We had a great week. A great weekend. With great weather.
Things have just been "happy" in our home. I swear getting that tax cheque felt like we won the lottery. There were so many things that we thought we couldn't or wouldn't be able to do financially because we wanted to (happily) commit our money to the RDI. Now that we have it - we just feel...free. Just free of that burden...
Cuyler is talking up a storm and doing some really good referencing with Sean and I. We think that it's the new techniques we've implemented (less talking, more gestures and expressions...). His receptive language and comprehension are bang on! He understand everything we say, directions we give him, requests we make.
I think I'm driving Sean crazy with "this time last year he wasn't......" because I do it with everything. Because he is completely changed from last year. He's so present with us. With us and a full, participating member of the family. I love it.
He will now dole out a kiss to anyone who asks - but you've got to ask for one on the lips to get a good one!
At least once a day he'll snuggle into my neck and hug on me for about 5 minutes. Just a good, tight, long hug...there's nothing like it!
These I'm adding because I feel like we really have two little boys now who are buddies. There was a time when I grieved the "normal sibling" relationship that Cam might not have. I love to watch them play and hang out together. Cam is probably Cuyler's greatest teacher.

I decided last night that we need to stop giving into Cuylers requests/tantrums for anything Thomas. I went into to check on him last night and saw this when I went in. I did not set this photo up, like Sean thought I did. If I did, I would have made the Thomas jammies he was wearing visible as well. And that blanket he's got on - he takes it everywhere. He's never had a "lovey" or snuggle toy - until now.
And I'm including this one of Cam, because I think it's totally cute.
And another thing that's cute is what he said to me last night:
(30 minutes prior to the following conversation, I had told him he needed to get his jammies on)
Me: "Ok bud, it's jammie time. Get them on please."
Cam: "I'm watching the first period of the hockey game!"
Me: "That's fine. They're right here. Put them on while you watch."
Cam: "No! I'm watching the hockey game. I'll put them on after."
Me: "I asked you to put them on now. You need to start listening."
Cam: "I'm not NOT LISTENING to you! I'm arguing with you!"
Okay...so maybe cute is not the right word. But I really like when he comes up with things like this. I don't know why because it's kinda rude, but he's brash enough to just say what's on his mind, very matter of fact. I don't want him to lose that, but I also want him to be respectful and polite. Balancing it is the tough part.


4 Comments:
Hey there Lady! I haven't checked on you in a while. What wonderful things that are happening in your world! I am SO excited the Cuy is now chatting away and making such gains and that Cam's turning into such a "logical" thinker - or is that just a guy-watching-a-hockey-game thinker? LOL Way to go Cuy! WAY TO GO MOM & DAD!!!! Great pics, btw!
okay..your kids seriously are too adorable for words.
don't stop with the "at this time last year he wasn't"s - it's amazing to hear how far he's come in one short year.
Great Pics...
Cam is just too cute, but tell him he needs to start cheering for a winning team...The Habs!!!
Corrine :-)
It's amazing how much he has progressed. Good for you guys!
Post a Comment
<< Home