Tuesday, March 14, 2006

And again today:


It's 10am. I just snapped this photo. He should be at school. I should be at work.
But he is still sick. Not eating. Still warm.
Sean took him to the dr yesterday. His throat is red - but fine, his ears are ok, chest was clear. It's viral and we just wait and let it pass.
I suppose it's really not that bad. I can't remember the last time he was sick like this so I can handle it when it happens this infrequently. And he could be puking and crapping his guts out. But he's lethargic and cranky. I can deal with it. And on a positive note, he's sleeping great through the night.
I feel awful for him - he must be starving. He keeps asking for food - pasta, meatballs, french fries, waffles...and I make it and he just looks at it, maybe licks it, but hasn't really had much of anything to eat since Saturday. Good thing he's got fat reserves. He'll be as skinny as his brother by the time he's back to normal.

Yes - I said it - normal. Funny how I just can't wait for him to be back to HIS normal. I miss it. I miss him and his quirkyness. And his normal-ness
I guess that's another blessing - when he's not himself, it makes me realize all the "normal" things we do. All the "normal" things he does.
How our normal is not like most peoples. But it's ours and I like it. It's comforting and I want it back.
So Cuyler: Baby, Get better!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

The pictures of Cuyler remind me so much of my son (and the tushie in the air is adorable!). They look very much alike and my son can't live without his "toot" (Dutch for pacifier). Hoping your little guy is feeling better today. I find myself saying "normal" a lot...and then trying to come up with an alternative way of saying it. "Normal" is relative to all of us, I suppose.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home