OK.
Seriously. He is still sick.
He woke up this morning. No fever. Happy. Asked for a waffle and some juice.
My Mom came to watch the boys so I could go to work for the first time this week. He was happy to see her. Said goodbye to me with a smile, a hug and a kiss.
When I got home from work, he had just woken up from a snooze after eating lunch and having a great morning. He had a fever again. And was back to being sick...
At this point of an "unexplained" illness is where I start worrying about things like diseases...like leukemia and shit like that.
I just want him to feel better. He is so listless and lethargic. It's heartbreaking to see him just...there..doing nothing but laying there.
I was able to get out of the house for my support group meeting. Of about the total 12 of us Moms (and 1 Dad) in the group, Robin and I have a child on the autism spectrum. Our children's needs aren't nearly as pyhsically complex as the others. And sometimes I feel like he's doing too good for me to go. But I belong there.
One of the Grandma's (her son has a special needs child) just told us tonight that her grandson was dx'd with autism last week on top of his seizure disorder. Another Mom spoke her of thoughts that her daughter may also get an autism dx on top of her seizure disorder. We had a new Mom there whose child has possible ASD. And another Mom said it would not suprise her if her son was also dx with autism on top if his septo-optic dysplasia.
What the freakin hell is going on here!?!?! It was crazy. Normally we talk more about the other kids issues and things like funding. Or we bitch about dr's and services or lack thereof. But tonight Robn and I seemed to be answering a hell of alot of questions.
It became really apparent to me how much I have learned in the last year. How comfortable I am with the diagnosis. And how confident I am in the choices we have made for Cuyler so far. And how looking forward I am to RDI. I didn't want to be obnoxious about it, but I recommended some things that we've done, people we've seen. I gave our new Mom the RDI website. I want everyone to know about it. Robin is interested in the dvd and I'll look forward to getting her feedback on it. I truly value her opinion when it comes to anything concerning Cuyler.
So it was a really good meeting. It was good to connect with everybody again. Even though I am just about out of a voice, thanks to the cold the boys have kindly shared with me - sore throat, neck and body aches, stuffy nose (but not stuffed at all). The centre has booked the 4th Friday of the month as a "Special Needs Drop In" so I'll be able to meet all of the kids - whose Moms I know well, but who I haven't met or seen in a very long time. Looking forward to that!!
Cuyler, be well baby! Sleep off whatever bug is in you! I want you back!


2 Comments:
Oh, the poor baby! He looks miserable in the newest picture. I can't believe how much he looks like my son. Maybe it's just the brown eyes and the pacifier! :) I really hope he feels better soon!
Thanks for your comment yesterday. I really appreciate it.
christine, i've been thinking about you - there's this thing going around our community - everyone i know has it or has had it - including joshie. the symptoms are lethargy and fever...
it's some bad flu that's sweeping toronto, it seems. i bet that's what Cuyler has!!
Post a Comment
<< Home