I've always said that the characteristics that challenge me most about my kids are the ones I never want them to lose.
Some of the things that we're working on with Cuy are the things I'm going to miss when he develops past them. Mainly his speech patterns. He isn't quite fluid in his speech. He can communicate fully using his language, although it is the bare basics of language. Some of his articulation is precise. Most of it is a mess. But we fully understand what he says. Sean and I do. And Cam understands anything we don't.
I will totally miss it when he finally says "Emily" and not "Ella-me"
I will miss it when he says "Blues Clues" and not "Byoos Cooz" and "Bob the Builder" instead of "Baaw Beeyo"
He says "Tie ah GO-oh!" when it' "time to go"
He says "Wamma an Wappa" when he see's Gramma and Grampa
He says "Ocass" instead of Oscar
He says "Kewl!!" when we get to school
He says "Weee Meee!" when he wants to go swimming.
And I love the way he talks. His intonation. His inflection. Which I just cannot capture in a blog. I'm just grateful that we can capture it all on video.
Beyond that - I'm grateful that he does talk at all. I remember at one point, early last year, wondering if I'd ever really know what his voice would sound like. If he would ever talk to me. Ask me questions. Argue with his brother. Sing a song. Shout "No!" at me. Ask me for juice. Greet Daddy when he came home at night. Sing Happy Birthday. Say "Merry Christmas!". Tell me he loves me.
And he does/says all of those things.
Music to my ears.
There's nothing better than the sound of my childrens voices, whether they're singing or screaming.
It's sweet sweet music!!


2 Comments:
Good idea on capturing the way he says things - I need to do that with my 6 year old!
It really is a sweet thing. Gabe has some similar phrases for things he says. We are just so excited he can communicate. The sound is music to our ears no matter how far off it is! I loved how Cuy said Emily as ella me. It brought a smile to my face. So cute.
Kristin
Post a Comment
<< Home