Friday, November 18, 2005

Who IS this kid?...really...who is he??
I like him alot and I hope he hangs around for a good long while! We had another day full of chatter and language. Even the daycare mentioned how much more language he's using.
When I dropped him off at school today I said "Give Mummy a kiss!"
He presented me the top of his head to kiss, as usual. I said "No...give Mummy a proper kiss on the lips." He looked up at me, pursed his lips, said "moo-wah" kissed me!
Then wiped the kiss off.
Before school, I was a tad nervous because the fall jacket we had worked so hard on and spent so much time getting on him is just not warm enough for the winter weather. I took him to school in it, but brought along the snowsuit with the boots, hat and mitts. I figured he'd do it for them before doing it for me. (I've done childcare - I know the drill).
And he did.
I took the fall jacket home with me and hid it.
We had a funfilled afternoon outside and I'm pretty sure we're going to get a sleep-in out of them both tonight.
We went outside after picking up Cam from school and the first thing Cuy wants - is in the babyswing (that we were supposed to put away already). I'm not sure how much longer we can cram him in it for.
After a few minutes of swinging he wanted "out". He pushed me from behind and said "up hill". So I went up the hill. He followed me up and said "Ready, set, GO!" then I had to run down the hill. We did this about...20 times. I didn't mind one bit. He was engaged and he was outside WEARING A SNOWSUIT having a wonderful time!!! How could I make him stop when he looked like this:

And theres' NO WAY he's going to be awake past 7:30 after running up and down this hill 20 times!


Gotta love fresh winter air!
After about an hour outside, we came in for a snack and I had to get supper started. I was in the kitchen and Cuy walked in and said "open it" and handed me his jar of Flarp. If you've never seen this - it's addictive. We put it in the loot bags from Cuys party and the kids haven't stopped playing with it. I get it from the dollar store, so it's a fun, cheap toy. It makes the most intense, authentic and HILARIOUS fart noises.
Anyhoo - I bought it to help Cuy with his sensory defensiveness. And he has refused to touch it.
Until today.

He was breaking it up and handing me pieces saying "here you go" and trying to shove it in my mouth saying "Mmmmmm! Yummy!"

And before his bath tonight he made a fantastic effort to get his clothes off. Following directions.
"Take your shirt off" And he tried but asked for help. "Howp"
"Take your pants off." And he'd try but him thumbs got caught in his diaper. "Howp me!"
"Take your socks off." And he bent down and tried to take them off while his feet were still on the ground. He figured out (by himself) that he needed to sit.
Then said to me "Diaper off."
Good boy!

Can't get much better than today. I'll have to remember this week when the next shitty one comes. I feel like it's just around the corner. And it may be...but for now, I relish him and all his progress - and there is ToNs of progress!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissy, I have to agree, it was a great afternoon! I'm so glad you had fun playing in your amazing yard with Cuyler. What a BIG BOY! Maybe its the three year old thing? I keep looking forward to the day that Brodie will stay outside with all his "stuff" on and play for more than 10 minutes. The pictures are awesome - what a beautiful smile. Have a good weekend.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

i've got a big ole smile on my face for you today.

i'm always happy to hear about the good days.

that sure is one cute kid!
does he want to come over and play with joshie one day?

7:14 PM  
Blogger mommyguilt said...

Fantastic! Looks like Cuy had a great time in the snow...and in the new coat, too!!! HOORAY! Here's hoping that the good week continues.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home