For every 5 bad days, we get a good one.
And I got a good one today. Boy did I need it.
He reminded me of all the great things he can do. And I spent the day adoring my baby boy.
Sean decided that he would take care of morning routine (with the exception of prepping lunches) and dressed, fed and got them both off to school AND brought me back a coffee before he headed off to work. So he has redeemed himself from being very un-handy around the house. I'm no longer pissed off at him (for now).
When I picked up Cuyler from school he was happy. Smiling. My Mum came with me and he greeted her with a happy "Hi Nana!"
He ate all his lunch which was good to hear - his appetite has been waning of late. He even drank out of the non-sippy cup (not a regular cup either, rather one with a straw).
He looked at his teachers and said goodbye to each of them.
At home he was happy all afternoon. I was able to teach him that he's turning 3. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't "get it", but when you ask "Cuy! How old are you gonna be?" He replies with a big smile "Fee! YAY!" And then he sings happy birthday.
He seemed to be verbalizing more today. Alot more. Just repeating everything. Making requests. And he was just happy. And cuddly.
When we went to pick Cam up from school he shouted from his carseat "Pesss pay!! Ah-foo" pointing to the dvd screen. Translation: "Press play - Arthur!" So I complied and put the Arthur dvd on for him.
Once we got home, he wanted to play outside. He never wants to play outside. So we played outside for over an hour. It was so much fun and he and Cam had a blast tearing around with the other kids. It was nice because Cam is all about being outside playing hockey and Cuy would rather hole up inside and flip through a book or play with blocks. And the fact that it was a gorgeous, mild day made it that much better!
Once inside - he hit his wall. It was close to 5 and I needed to get supper started and that's usually "witching hour" anyways. He's hungry and he's tired. So he's cranky for awhile. Until well after Sean got home. And he was in such a fit that it was just best to let him scream and flail it out. Sean and I would ask every now and then if he wanted "sandwich?" "toast?" "apple?". We knew he was hungry. After a few more minutes of him crying, he said out of nowhere "makin!" Which means bacon. So Sean cooked him up some turkey bacon. And all was well in Cuyler's world.
Which has me thinking that I'm going to try and get a bunch of stuff together to get some visuals going for him. I hope that these will help with his comprehension.
And how's this for irony:
I went to a job fair October 3.
Heard nothing about it for a month. One month exactly.
Blogged about it yesterday.
Got a call this afternoon to set up an interview for it!
The interview is not for awhile and I don't want to get into it on this blog in case I bomb yet another interview. If I get it - I'll post it.


2 Comments:
I interview people for a living. If you need to "prep", I'll be here for you. Ask me anything you want to know...
Congrats on the Good day! Love those! Brownie points for Sean, too.
And Girl, for that interview, GO FOR IT! Sounds like it was meant to be. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home