I went for my interview this morning.
And I think I kicked ass. If I don't get it - it's because I'm overqualified. Which I think is total bullshit. How can somebody be too good for a job?
Anyhoo - I feel good about it.
Props to all of the working mommies out there. I don't know how you do it every day. And we don't even need to be out the door before 8:30. Even if I get the job, I won't start til 9am and it's about a 5 minute drive from my house. My morning routine won't really change time-wise. I'll just go to work after dropping them off, instead of back home.
It was a challenge to get to the place by 9:30am (the interview was at the head office about 1/2hr from our house). And I had help. I dropped Cuy off at 8:45 and Sean took Cam to school.
The challenge was not getting the kids off to their respective schools on time. It was putting myself together before leaving the house (showered, hair blow dried, makeup on, dressed well).
Usually it's a quick shower and toss my wet hair up into a clip or pinned into a bun then a swipe of mascara and I'm good to go.
My plan was to get up at 7am and start getting ready. The kids don't usually wake up until between 7-7:30. Cam crawled into bed with me at around midnight last night. Sean was out at hockey (til 1am), so I let Cam stay in our bed.
I kinda wake up, all groggy, looked at the clock and it said 7:48.
I whisper "Oh Fuck!"
Sean hears me, looks at the clock and he whispers "Oh shit!"
Cam's out cold.
Cuyler's out cold.
I run into the shower and get myself ready quicker that I have before.
Cuyler's still out cold and it's 8am.
Good thing Sean wasn't that hungover. He picked up all the slack I left him - dress the boys, feed the boys, pack the backpacks. By the time I was prettied up and ready to go - Cuy was ready as well. Coat on, shoes on, backpacked packed.
I (kinda) felt like one of the working moms I see at the school in the morning. Rushing in...giving him a quick hug and kiss and flying back to the van. It was a bit of an adrenaline rush. Like I had a purpose. I had to be somewhere. Someone needed me.
And to top off a great morning - Cuy wouldn't shut up all day. He was Mr. Chatterbox. He was engaged with me most of the afternoon and I loved it. We even played a kissing game - which was super sweet!!!!!!
AND, it snowed ALOT! I love the snow! Except that I have aquafit in an hour and it's freakin cold...and I hate swimming in the cold. I do love how my body feels after the workout, tho. But maybe that's just the scorching hot tub I hang out in after the workout...
I also got the hospital records from Cuylers birth today. Interesting read and brought back alot of memories. That'll be another blog on another day. The pool awaits me.


1 Comments:
Sounds like you had a busy busy morning. I'm one of the rush in, rush outs. It's insane, but it gets the day going. Thank God for our hubs to get the rest of the slack. PC does that for me everyday - and it ain't always easy!
Good luck! Keep us posted on the job!
Post a Comment
<< Home