Tuesday, November 08, 2005


"Cuyler had an awesome day!!
He wore his jacket outside this morning. I hid the sweater and zipped the jacket up 3/4 of the way. I put the jacket on over his head as I would with his pullover. He whined a bit but no tears at all.
Cuyler sang all the songs at circle and during cognitive he played with beanie babies with the other children iuntil it was his turn to do the shape sorter. he did that successfully and only handed me one shaoe that he couldn't do. GREAT DAY!"


That was the entry in his communication book today. Of course, when I got there, he FA-reeked out when I tried to put his jacket on. But I did anyways and he cried for about 2 minutes, then was fine. I could tell he was uncomfortable in it. He kept looking sideways and down, with just his eyes, like he was scoping it out. We'll just force it on him everyday until he stops crying.
How awful is that???? I think this is the only way with this kid. The OT has come twice for a consult about his jacket and is puzzled by it...so we do it the hard way.

Today is recorded in pictures. It was a terrific day. I loved it. The weather was amazing, I got alot done plus Cuyler was in a good mood - very happy.
I was even able to go the the Human Resource office and finally get his application for a social ins. number submitted. With Cuyler!!!
I then went to the post office and mailed off my cheque for the keychains. WITH Cuyler!!!!
I also got into to the dr last minute and got the Easter Seals and disability tax credit forms filled out. WithOUT Cuyler...I'm not that ambitious and I know my/his limits.

Cam went to hockey tonight and he'll be on the ice with the bigger kids next week...yikes.

I bought Cuy a new toy today - his "beebee goo-wull" as he calls her (baby girl). He was very gentle with her and seems to like her. Hopefully we can start some pretend play soon!



And this is what I had to contend with after bath tonight. Trying to diaper and jammie him as he bounced from one side of the couch to the other. Over and over and over again.
Cam walked in from hockey and said "Naked Boy!!!" And that started Cuyler in one of his laughing fits. It's one of my favourite sounds - his big bottom-of-the-belly laugh.

And he wouldn't stop laughing. He'd keep repeated "Makin Boyee!" (Naked boy - articulation...see?)


But gosh - he's so damn handsome...I couldn't help but encourage the laughter. He smiles with his eyes. And they say that you can see a childs autism through their eyes. These beautiful brown eyes show nothing but happiness.





And this is how they ended their day. Horsing around with Daddy. What more could a girl ask for?
Healthy, happy kids. Healthy, happy, HELPFUL husband!

5 Comments:

Blogger Octobermom said...

YAY!! I love days like this! They're so damn yummy, your boys!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! I love all the great pictures. You are right about Cuyler...he smiles with his beautiful eyes. What a cutie. I saw Cam at skating last night, he is really good. He will be fine on the big ice! I'm so glad you had a good day :} Andrea

8:29 AM  
Blogger gretchen said...

OK, I know someone will read this the wrong way, but there's nothing quite like a naked boy jumping on the couch!

Too bad we can't all be that uninhibited, and that joyful! (Although if I were doing it, I wouldn't want anyone to post a picture on the internet.)

3:46 PM  
Blogger mommyguilt said...

He'll come around on the jacket. He's made HUGE strides in that department already. He's also referencing you to see how you're going to react to gauge how HE should react. If he sees you coming and feeling anxious, then by god, so will he. But he's really doing great.

Those eyes...yeah, sure, like the comment above, if they're in their own world or stimming, then yeah, the dx is visible in their eyes - a bit. But when they're deep down having fun or just being kids, no way. Then they have those happy bright eyes that say, "Hey look at me!" or "Ayyy, yooka meeee!" And they're happy and jumping!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

Cuy is such a cutie! I love the "Naked Boy" joke. He has a beautiful smile :o)

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home