Today started out pretty good. I was in a good mood. Boys were in good moods, despite their bad colds. I got up, hopped in the shower, fed the kids, dressed them. BLOW DRIED my hair (usually it's left wet and rolled up into a clip). And I put on some makeup. I even caught one of those rare moments when they're not pinching, pulling, pushing or scratching each other when my back is turned.
So I'm feeling ambitious and I decide to re-arrange Cams room. It just hasn't felt cozy to me since I put his bed up on a frame and moved it from where it was originally. I think the thought was to make it more into a Big Boy room. But it just never sat well with me. I take it off the frame and move it back to where it was originally. His room looks huge now, with all his floor space there to play. And Cam loves it.
Note to self - don't ask the husband for help next time. I forgot he's useless around the house. Piss me off...
So then we go to WalMart to get some chips in case we run out of candy tonight. I've been dipping into the Halloween candy for a few days now so our stash has been getting low. I grab a coffee. Come home and make 1 batch of gluten free playough for Cuyler to have at school. And 2 batches of regular for Cams class. Smelly paydough too! Orange for Cuy and cherry and blue lemonade for Cam.
We have lunch and my Mum comes over and we go get more coffee (mmm!) and pick up some soil (to transplant some of my garden from front to back). Then we went to a local farm to pick up some pumpkins. The boys had a great time running around!

Cuy's so funny. He was running around calling the pumpkins "hunkins"
When we get home I decided we should carve them before I start supper. Cam designed a mini pumpkin and I carved a big one. I cut the top off our other large one only to find it filled with with this greeny/browny liquid. It was so freakin nasty!!!
(Of course, when Sean gets home, he places outside of our house on the small cable box on our lawn. But it's ok if the bigger kids knock it over and make a disgusting mess "It'll be on the grass". Again...piss me off...)
At this point, around 3:30, Cuyler hits a wall of fatigue and misery and proceeds to scream for about 90 minutes. The kind where I go to soothe him and he tried to scratch out my eyes, or rip out my hair. I end up going on time-out and sitting on the porch waiting for Sean to get home. I really wanted a cigarette. But I often really want a cigarette. And I haven't had one in years.
Cam wanted to go trick or treating with Sean, but I made the executive decision to take him because I couldn't bear the thought of dealing with Cuyler any longer. He is just sick and feeling yucky and miserable. And I can only deal with it for so many hours in the day (usually about 10 hrs is my limit).
This was Cuy as we were getting ready to go: 
And Cam and I heading out:
He had alot of fun but wasn't keen on any houses with dogs.
When we got home he shelled out to all the kids. It was funny to watch Cuyler trailing behind him shouting "I get it!" every time the dorrbell rang. And when Cam opened the door, Cuyler would say "Ohhhhhhhh! Hi kids!!"
Then the hockey game came on and that's when I got into a bad mood. I felt like I was run ragged by that time and had to fold laundry, switch laundry over, get clothes ready for tomorrow, get medicines distributed, get lunches ready for tomorrow, and certain things for the OT who will be on another consult with Cuys preschool tomorrow. And the husband is whining for me to come hang out with him. And watch either hockey (nuh uh) or Prison Break (nuh uh). I just feel like I was go go go go all day long and wanted some down time to do nothing. I didn't want to talk to anyone or be with anyone.
A trait my youngest son gets from me I guess.
I just thank God that today is over and that tomorrow is a school day.


2 Comments:
Funny, I have days like that too, where I'm all productive and feeling great and then BOOM- I don't want to do another thing. And the husband being there on the couch makes it worse somehow.
Last Friday my husband was out with a friend and I thought it was heavenly to bake and eat some cookies and watch CNN by myself after the kids were asleep. (You're thinking that I'm a pretty big loser, aren't you?)
k - first of all, you look really really good.
second of all, could your boys be any cuter???!!!
third of all, i'm queen of leaving my hair wet and rolling it into a clip...so i totally know how you feel when you actually blow it dry!
i hope today goes better for you! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home