Monday, June 09, 2008

I am starting this entry without anything specific in mind.
But I'm going to vent about how pissed fucking off I am that I just wasted ANOTHER hundred bucks on a useless housecleaner.
This time we even paid more for this one to do laundry.
Instead of coming home, hagning with my brood and chillin...Sean had to go to my Mums and pick up her Dyson (love the Dyson!!).
Then I had to vaccum the house because our vaccum was broken. She didn't realize it and "vaccumed" anyways.
I'm also finishing the 3 of 4 loads of laundry that I left her (which she said would be no problem).
I am using Cuyler's SSAH money to pay for housekeeping. And I cannot find a fucking housekeeper. This was the 3rd one we've tried.
The first one was awesome the first time, but then got worse with each visit.
Plus they would dump the mop water down my driveway when they finished.
The second one was a company who brought a crew of 4 people. For 2 hrs.
My mom and I had to re-clean everything and dust everything after they left.
And now this one...
All I want is someone to clean my house and do my laundry so that I don't feel guilty for NOT doing those things while I do RDI with Cuyler. Or while I take them to the Early Years Centre. Or when I play outside with them.
I find that when I try to do everything, I get nothing done.

On a positive note, Cuyler is starting to read!!!
It's working out to be great RDI. He points to the words and reads the ones he knows and references us for the ones he doesn't.
He is also sounding out the first letter so I am getting a clearer picture of what letter sounds he knows. I can't just show him and letter T and ask what sounds it makes. He just says "Tee!" I am seeing it more naturally through his early reading.
And things like this motivate me to go on stronger than we were before and prove to all the old-school teachers at the school exactly WHY we are keeping him back in SK.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visiting your from This Mom's blog.
My sister recently went through a similar experience finding a cleaning person. What a pain.

Glad to hear Cuyler is starting to read. I was thrilled when M began. It took her months to "get it" but it was worth all the hard work.

6:33 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

What a pain in the neck! Do you have to pay them before you see the job they have done?

12:44 PM  
Blogger Meghann said...

How awesome that Cuyler is reading! I think I am going to look into RDI for Logan.

Too bad you don't live near me. I'd clean your house for $100. And I'm an anal cleaner, I've been known to take a toothbrush (an old one of course) and clean that little ledge on the top of the baseboards.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Tina Szymczak said...

I went through a similiar experience. Finaly got approved for SSAH after being denied a couple of years. THink to myself "great we can use some of it to get this house cleaned" since I was spending all my time driving ds to various appointments.

When my husband came home he said "I thought the cleaning lady was coming today". O.K., if she cleans as well as I do (which is not good) why am I paying her??

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home