Friday, April 04, 2008

Every day I plan on blogging. I get these ideas in my head and I think "I'll write about that tonight!"
But then I get online and do my required RDI work for our consultant.
Then I get into lazy brain mode and end up on Facebook, Fadedyouth, CelebrityBabyBlog and People.com
They are my guilty pleasures that take my mind off the the crap. I've been going on all of these site for years (well, facebook just about a year now).
And I feel badly that I could be journalling about the kids or the husband. But I really really really like mindless celebrity gossip.
I'm jealous of the bloggers who have fancy sites and cool pages. And really interesting things to say. I think at some point in my life I could have been one of them. One of the things I have always enjoyed is writing.
I even penned a cute childrens book that I had hoped to get published but really had/have no idea how/where to send it. I'm pretty proud of it - even it just stays on my harddrive...
When I was 18, it was a choice between 4yrs of university for journalism or 2 yrs of college for child studies. I picked the 2yrs of college because there was more of an "instant gratification" element...or at least quicker gratification...
I kept a daily (handwritten!) journal when Cam was a baby. I got up until September 2001. For some reason I found it difficult after 9/11 to journal for him. I guess I felt the world changed too much that day. But I am grateful that I have that nights journal. My firsthand account for him of what happened that day.
And I guess this is my journal for Cuyler.
I started it because of the journey that he was taking us on and throughout the past 3yrs it has changed. Going from a diary, a place to vent, a place to share, a serious place, a fun place. A place to share resources, jokes, ditties about my kids and my husband. So it really doesn't have a specific purpose other than to afford me the opportunity to write a little bit. To share the parts I choose to share with those interested in reading...
For those who do read and leave comments...I have tried to reply back to you and often end up with my reply bounced back - so I do read and I do appreciate the interest.
I have wanted to write about lately are the issues I'm having with the school. But my head doesn't want to think about it anymore. I will save it for another day. Stay tuned.

One thing I wanted to mention was that "anonymous" left me a comment about the book "The Impossible Cure". I am definately going to look into it. I generally don't read books on autism (usually it's People magazine...or even better Us Weekly - less words, more pictures). But I am very interested in homeopathy (we are currently doing) and osteopathy for Cuyler.

I would like to recommend a book that fascinated me. It's called The Fabric of Autism and it is written by Judith Bluestone


She has autism herself and offers insights into the world of autism that have given me a much better understanding of Cuyler. She created the Handle (Holistic Approach to NeuroDevelopmental Learning Efficiency) Program. We started this with Cuyler in December and we have seen many positive changes in him from a sensory standpoint. It is extremely easy to implement into our daily life and is VERY cost effective.
And we think it is an AMAZING complimentary remediation to RDI.


I feel like my entries are way more interesting when there are pictures included. So here's some cuteness. Not the best pic of each of them, but the 3 of them are rarely this close together for any length of time as Eva does not know how to remain still unless she's asleep.


Oh ya...and I'm thinking of doing a before/during and after pic of myself.
I started my second session of deep water aquafit, got the Mari Winsor pliates Targeted Training pliates set and I've ben hitting the gym regularly. My goal is to be my "pre-Eva" shape by the summer. This is what I looked like in a bikini prior to getting pregnant with her:


I do not look like that now...but I'm hoping with my aquafit, pilates and the gym I can at least come close.

2 Comments:

Blogger kristi said...

OK, I hate you now!! JK!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Kathi said...

I don't think I ever looked that good in a bikini!

I know exactly what you mean about getting distracted by other sites. I do the same thing and then realize that weeks have gone by without blogging. I write posts in my head when I'm doing other things and then totally forget them when I'm online.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home