I lost 2lb 1oz in a day...not bad.
But not easy...
I don't necessarily need to lose weight. But I want to. I want to look like I did before I got pregnant with Eva. This third baby of mine has left me with a pooch that's been hard to get rid of. Although I haven't really tried too hard. As I mentioned before, my excuse had been that Eva was still nursing and I needed those extra calories (which happened to come in the form of a chocolate bar or 2 a day and those damn gourmet cookies from Tims).
Anyways...Sean and I are eating from the South Beach Diet book. I hate saying we're on "The South Beach Diet"...
The first 2 weeks - Phase 1 - are killer...no carbs, no sugar, no fruit...Sooo difficult as I am also premenstrual this week. But if I can do it this week - I can do it anytime. Plus as an added bonus - on this diet the weight leaves your belly first!
Ideally I'd love to lose about 10lbs. If you knew my IRL you'd think I was nuts. But I carry the extra weight well and I want to weigh what I did 2 years ago
(We did this when Cuyler was about 18mos old and got my flat tummy back).
Now that I'm 2lbs down - 8lbs doesn't seem like a big number at all. And as much as I LOVE (no...really - LOVE) chocolate, I'd like to curb this habit down to maybe just having a chocolate bar on Friday nights or something...I replaced my addiction for cigarettes (which I gave up when I got preg with Cam, and as much as I wanted to during Cuylers diagnoses, never took up again) with chocolate. Last night I thought I was going to go crazy without my shocka-lottay, as I affectionaly refer to it. I was jittery and really on edge.
I went to WalMart and bought some sugar free hard candy to satisfy my sweet teeth. It's working...
Hopefully there's another good number on the scale tomorrow to keep me motivated.
(BTW - Sean was down 5lbs this morning)


1 Comments:
you and i? like peas and carrots.
only the south beach diet did jack squat for me!
yay for two pounds!
Post a Comment
<< Home