This past Tuesday Cuyler's school presented their Kindergarten Spring Concert. The theme was The Circus and Cuyler was a clown. And what a clown he was.
Hands down THE most adorable one up there and he did a fantastic job.
I was so proud and yes - my eyes were misty as I watched him. I don't know that I could have imagined this 2 yrs ago. This is a boy who was still in diapers this time last year.
And while nothing can take away the pride I feel after seeing my baby boy performing, I still see alot of work ahead of us. While he "blends in" wonderfully - none of the children on stage with him are his "friends". And it's ironic because they are all so drawn to him. His teachers tell me that the children try so hard and really make an effort to interact with him, he's just not where they are socially. He does have one little friend who he spends time with. They play at recess together quite often whether it's side by side in the sandbox or follow-the-leader, he enjoys being around her.
I do believe that Eva is teaching him how to relate to people. Like this is the reason she is here. For him. Sounds weird...I know. But she has been so great for him and as she gets older and more verbal it will only get better. I just feel so optimistic after this past month or so. He seems so much...better. So sit back and enjoy! I give you "I Am A Pizza!"



3 Comments:
oh. my. god.
he's way too cute.
So so so cute!
LOVE the video...& now I want pizza!!
Post a Comment
<< Home