Just for the record: My house is untidy, cluttered and more often than not pretty messy. I have a 6yr old who tears around the house, usually with a hockey stick in hand and indoor puck flying around with him. A 14 month old who follows me everywhere leaving a little untidy mess in her wake. As I put the dishes away, she empties my tupperware drawer etc...
And a 5yr old with a need for upending toy bins full of blocks, cars or plastic animals.
I'm not sure what the comment was about that "anonymous" left on my Jan 28th entry...but my house ain't clean!! I don't have a glass house (thank god!) and I didn't throw a stone if you read my blog correctly.
We do have a company that comes in every other week to CLEAN. But for the most part...pretty untidy here.
And to "anonymous" who left the Girl Smirl comment...well I'm not sure what that means. But I do know I sure am glad I got a girl!!!
Anyways. I just wanted to make a note about some of the things that I really want to do in the coming months:
1) Re-commit to RDI. Since Eva we've been slack about it and we need to start fresh.
2) Re-visit the diet. He's been getting some food that he shouldn't. At first we didn't think it made much of a difference - but long term it's affecting him negatively. We have an appointment with a Naturopath next Tuesday to discuss the diet and an appt with a different Naturopath to discuss homeopathy. This guy confuses me but Sean really likes him. He's a bit quirky, but man he knows his shit. Especially when it comes to kids like Cuyler and their underlying issues.
3) Re-visit supplements. He used to be so easy get get supplements into. I know his diet lacks in alot of things and I need to start getting things like calcium into him.
4) Osteopathy. This isn't for awhile yet as he needs to be comfortable with people touching his head and neck. I think that this could help him because we do believe his issues stem from his birth trauma and cranio-sacral therapy would treat those very areas affected.
5) Find a program for him. I'm thinking Beavers/Scouts or karate. He took a skating class over the winter and he enjoyed that. And learned to skate!! I'd like to get him into a spring session. But we're going to look into karate schools and beavers as well.
6) Take him swimming weekly. I've tried lessons numerous times and they just don't work. My best hope for him to learn how to swim is for me to take him myself and let him learn at his pace.
I know there's more but I'll start with that for now. I should be able to get through this list in the next few weeks/months. And if I do then I know he'll be in a much better place that he is now.


5 Comments:
I think Anon is just jealouse of your beautiful little lady (I know I am!).
I HIGHLY reccomend karate! it really provides teh kids with structure and helps them learn control over their bodies. There is also a great sense of pride which is reinforced with every stripe on the belt and each new belt. The kids also earn patches for good report cards. The school we use has SN programs for higher need kids, but A&Rs class is loaded with aspies and ADD/ADHD among the "typ" kids.
The Girl Smirl comment was a joke. I guess you didn't understand that I was quoting you.
When you had just the two boys, before your daughter was born, before you were even pregnant with her, you said you were so happy to have sons, you didn't mind not having a daughter. In other words, who needs girls when sons are so terrific?
"Girl Smirl" were your words.
Nothing evil intended. Just a humorous reminder of how things change.
I kinda thought it was meant in jest...
Hard to now when some anyomous posters come and hit-n-run, so to speak.
I agree with you on how things can change. Our mindset was that we had two & were done and very happy about it!
I still look at her in awe and am amazed we have a daughter.
A little girl.
Another baby in the house for cripes sake!!!
Now I KNOW what "complete" feels like.
Hi, I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading the last few entries. I have a 6 yr old with PDD-NOS and let me tell ya, I feel your pain regarding the computer! My little guy is ridiculously addicted. We have to use a timer as well. He actually learns quite a bit from the computer but he just gets a bit too obsessed with it. Kind of reminds me of my obsession with chocolate (shhh! I didn't admit that!).
Have you read the book "Impossible Cure" by Amy Lansky? You should....order it....it is what led me to choose Homeopathy and cranial sacral for my young guy-it REALLY helps to understand. The best book out there for moms like us.
Post a Comment
<< Home