Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Cam
We started doing a daily journal with him at bedtime. He writes "My favourite thing today was..." and he writes what his favourite thing was and draws a picture of it. I really like how it ends the day...a quiet activity we do together.
His favourite things this week were:
Sunday - playing hockey
Monday - swimming at Nicks
Tuesday - crafts with Michael
Wednesday - hmmm...journal didn't get done. Mommy was out and Daddy forgot.


Cuyler
Well that was easy! He's totally toilet trained. Peepee, poopoo and night time. I'm so proud of him.
He's not quite been himself the past day or two. I think he's coming down with something. I'm hoping he's just over tired from going to bed late and getting up early. But something (goopy nose) is telling me he's going to be home from school tomorrow.


Eva
Poor baby girl. We cannot get ahead of these goddamn ulcerations. They are still bleeding and causing her a great deal of pain. We've been going to Sick Kids every week for 6 weeks now and she's just not catching a break with these things. She's not sleeping and is cranky way more than she used to be. I just want my happy girl back.
Good news!! They did a series of xrays (SOO not fun - strapping her down at her head, chest and feet). Her throat and internal neck area are free of any vascular abnormalities! That was a big concern for us and we can relax a bit knowing that the hemangioma isn't growning anywhere we can't see it.
Also, the dr we see believes that Eva's hemangioma is in it's plateau stage. That means that it has (hopefully) stopped growing. There are no guarantee's but she said she has seen Eva enough in the past few months and feels that it shouldn't get any bigger than it is now. There is a small chance of a secondary growth stage, but I'm going to believe that Eva's is done growing.
FYI - in the July edition of Parents magazine is an article called "About Face" about hemangioma's and vascular birthmarks. The girl who moderates the online group I belong to is featured with her son.
Check it out!

Have I posted this yet? My fave pic of her!

3 Comments:

Blogger gretchen said...

I like the daily journal idea a lot- we may have to try it (but probably don't have the discipline to do it every day.)

Yay for the potty training and I will keep my fingers crossed about the hemangioma. (Learned a new word reading your site!)

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That journal idea is such a great idea! I may have to use that for Michael when he is a little older.
Congrats on Cuyler being potty trained! WOOOHOOOO!!!!
I hope the hemangioma is done growing.
I love that pic of her! SO cute! Look at those cute cheeks!
Carrie(november 2002 babycenter)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

I am stealing the journal idea!!! love it! great news on the potty and Eva's hemogenoma! praying for those nasty ulcerations to cear up!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home