I'm slacking off with the blog lately and I don't mean to...just busy. Tired...
Last night I meant to but I was dead tired and too pissed off to write.
LAST AUGUST I had requested that we set up a workshop for Floortime and have all of Cuys teachers and anyone else interested attend. I wanted the OT we hired to come in and do her presentation. Once we got rid of the useless resource consultant, the new "good" one had the date booked within a few days.
It was last night. My mother and mother-in-law came to get ideas and suggestions for how to better and more effectively engage Cuyler. The 3 teachers in his room were also supposed to attend and not one of them did.
I was so disappointed as I had scheduled this workshop FOR THEM. I was even hedging on whether or not to cancel as we are headed in the RDI direction. But I figured that any new and better ways to engage him would only benefit him.
I could not hide my frustration this morning at drop off. I was pleasant, but not nearly as chatty. And when I picked him up, before I could even say hello, one of the girls gave me a bit of attitude. In a nutshell she said she tried to get there but couldn't find it. And was hardly polite about it.
That's when my disappointment turned into outright anger. I picked up Cuy and walked out without saying a word. I hardly thought it would have been appropriate of me to tell her to go fuck herself in front of the preschoolers (that would have the PMS on top of everything else).
I spoke with the lead teacher on the phone afterwards and got it all out on the table and I held nothing back. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
On a positive note - work is going really really well.
So my reverse theory is seemingly correct: Most people start a new job and it is great and fun and exciting then after a few weeks or months that enthusiasm starts to fade.
My job began with me hating it, ready to walk out and quit at any time. I actually had phoned Sean on more than one occasion, just letting him know that I may be walking that day.
We had our first staff meeting on Tuesday night and I came home really liking my job. My manager has been treating me with respect and giving me responsibility. She gave me an extra dollar an hour (not much, but still - I'll get another increase in 2 months). She has told the others come to me to clear vacation days, sick days, switching shifts etc...
I like the fact that I have "work friends" and that have "work stories" to talk to Sean about at night. Plus I get a full free membership to a really great fitness club. So working out regularly has done wonders for how I feel mentally and physically.
Guess I should write about the kids.
Cuys doing great - using TONS of words and new phrases. When he drops something he says "Where's spoon/car/book?" He follows directions better lately. He seems to comprehend more even in the last week. He is consistently using "I want..." statements. I can see more effective and functional language emerging.
He is pooping everyday. Sleeping well.
We're good.
And hopefully we stay that way. There is a case of chicken pox in his class. I am so afraid that he'll get it and regress. Not afraid of the pox - I just have this bit of fear that it will affect him differently than it would affect Cam.
Time will tell.
Cam's awesome. I can't believe he'll be 5 next month. That scares the hell out of me. 5. Five. FIVE...my baby will be five.
Why do they have to grow up? I want to just snapshot them as they are right now. Keep us as we are at this time. I really think that this will be my favourite time with my family over a lifetime.
A young family.
Sean and I with young kids.
Toys everywhere. Little socks strewn about. Sticky juice spots on the floor. Baby soap on the side of the tub. Fingerprints all over windows and walls. Constant laundry. Diapers.
All the mundane things that are a pain in the ass now, will be the things I miss the once they're gone.
But ya - right now, today - it's all good.


4 Comments:
I know what you mean about freezing time. It will suck when we don't get little boy kisses anymore :(
Hi Christine,
Good for you, standing up for Cuy at school. I would have done the same thing. Glad to hear you are all doing well, especially your work:-)
I'm crossing my fingers no Chicken Pox for Cuyler.
X's & O's to the family
Corrine
That's terrible that no one showed. Did they say they would be there? If they did, they owe you an apology and reinbursement. (I know that's hopeful, but you really deserve to be reinbursed for part of the cost because you arranged it for THEM) OH! and Good for you for keeping the real words you wanted to say to yourself until you cooled down to make the call. I know that must have been hard.
Kristin
I secretly love little finger prints :)
There was once a perfect little handprint on the bathroom mirror...I cleaned around it for over a month, but eventually I really couldn't tell what it was anymore, so I washed it off :(
Weird...I know.
Robin
Post a Comment
<< Home