A bit of a confession...
I'm not very green.
I leave lights on all the time. It really pisses Sean off.
I put the dishwasher on a rinse cycle before I run it.
I had the furnace too high (according to Sean). I'm not sure what I kept the temp at. I just know it was always warm. Now it's kinda warm and sometimes cool.
I fall asleep with the tv on and it's on all night. It's a habit I got into when Eva was a newborn and nursing throughout the night. She's been sleeping through the night for about a year now.
But yesterday I did something that I should have done a few years ago.
I bought green bins for my groceries.
Two of them. And in those 2 bins I was able to fit 100 dollars worth of groceries.
Had I been using these bins I could have had an entire kitchen cupboard free to use.
Instead I have been using approximately 8-10 plastic grocery bags everytime I do goceries. I didn't even re-use the damn bags. Just got new ones each time...
I feel so bad about that. What a waste.
But as I walked out of the store with my bins and 100 bucks worth of gorceries (most of which is for the boys litterless-lunches at school!), I was proud of myself for doing something. It's a start.
And - I have been turning off all the lights.
And - I have been using the sleep timer.
Gettin there!
________________________________________________________________________
Have I mentioned how much I love having a little girl??


3 Comments:
Good for you! Even the little things will add up over time. :)
And aren't girls fun? :)
wow. from another non-green person to another, i'm impressed ;)
My daughter hoards babies too! At the store its "BABY!!!!" and then she has to carry her hoarde of children all over the house.
Post a Comment
<< Home