



I was wary of writing about this for fear that I would jinx it, but Cuyler hasn't used his soother since Sunday.
He hasn't slept with it.
He hasn't even asked for it.
I feel comfortable enough to post about it because he's had a few tantrums and meltdowns. And has been able to get out of it without his "Soo"
Trust me - I was tempted. It took willpower to not plug it in his mouth...because it works. 100%, all the time calms him. But he didn't ask for it, so I didn't give it.
It generally takes him about 2-3 days to get used to something new. A new routine. A new person. Hopefully this really is it and he's soother-free!
We had been thinking about it for a bit, but with the baby coming and most likely using a soother, we were worried about taking his away, while the baby has one. Plus our occupational therapist said that she wouldn't worry too much about it. It is meeting his needs from an oral/sensory standpoint. When he had it in, he would really suck on it, not just have it hang out of his mouth.
Let's hope it's forgotten about. Or that there isn't one hidden somewhere amongst the toys.
Now if only he could toilet train himself...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home