Wednesday, August 09, 2006


A rare moment of peace between these two. They seem to be driving each other crazy for the past few weeks. One antagonizes the other and then they'll reverse roles. I can't wait til we throw a third one in the mix!
As I always say - better busy than bored. That's what I try to remember with the kids. Trouble brews when they aren't doing anything - so we've always got to be doing something.
Which is working out well now that I am back to being a full time Mom. Yes..that's right. The perfect job turned out to be not so perfect. Too many women. Too much gossip. I've been there. Done that. My entire adult working life has been spent working in a female dominated workforce and it's not much fun. Gossipy women, talking behind each others backs. It was SOOO much easier working on the Chrysler assembly line with all men, making crude tits and asses jokes.
That's what happened last week. It was like my worst grade 8 nightmare coming true. I quickly gave my 2 week notice - shocking most of the girls who work there. But I felt so good when I did. I still have a membership and continue to go there to work out. And when I go I get hugs and "Oh Irish, I can't believe what happened!" I know that I left there with my dignity intact and did nothing other than a good job. And everybody else knows it now too.

We have another week off before we head back into RDI. Our consultant is on holiday and will return next week.
And Cuyler will be moving up into the junior kindergarten room on September 18. I got the call yesterday. He wasn't going to move up until November 6, so I was a bit unprepared. I have as much trouble with change as Cuyler does. I could cry thinking about him leaving his beloved Jenn, Kelly and Julie. They truly love my boy. They made his transition into preschool so smooth and have been 100% supportive of everything Sean and I do. And vice versa.
But I do know that by his second week into it, he'll be fine. And so will I.

I am now 18 weeks 3 days pregnant. It seems to be going by reallllllly fast. Sean and I are starting to look forward to becomg a family of 5. Having three children. Needing 4 bedrooms. OY! Saying it all that way kinda freaks me out. But I have another saying - better to have my hands full than my hands empty.
Ever since we did the Mission Preview we've realized that there is more to another baby than the hellish first 6 months to 1 year that I endure after I have a baby. That it will only add to our family. And not take away from it as we initially assumed it would.
We go for our ultrasound next Tuesday. And no - I'm so sorry...we're not finding out what we're having. I am so surprised at the reactions I get when we tell people we're not finding out. I guess some people figure because you can - you should. But I figure just because I can, doesn't mean I should.
I will post pics of the little kicker next Tuesday.

4 Comments:

Blogger gretchen said...

I like that: "better to have my hands full than my hands empty." I will remember that the next time I am feeling like we have too much going on.

We didn't find out our babies' genders either, and I felt like I was the only mom in the world who didn't! I think my sister-in-law was actually mad at me about it.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Good for you!!! for quiting your job and keeping your sanity (and dignity!) and for not finding out! we didn't with the first 2 and I didn't want to with this one, but I relented and let DH have his way..

I can totally relate to the boys going wild w/o having something to do! good news is that is "normal"! mine are going NUTS not being in school. they really crave the structure I think. DH really likes the 1 on 1 time it geves him since their schedules are not (yet anyway) the same. it also give him more time for the new little guy...

11:28 AM  
Blogger K.C.'sMommy said...

What a awesome photo of your cute boys. Cuyler is sitting just like a perfect little guy. Cam is sure growing up, what cute guys. Can't wait to see the little kicker:)

6:49 AM  
Blogger Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

Wow! It really is going fast. I'm so excited for your family. I also think it's pretty cool that you're not finding out.

Sorry about your job. I think you did the right thing. It is hard working with a group of females. Men are less catty and really don't care about the incidentals like women. Welcome home :o)

How have the boys reacted to a new baby coming?

Take care,
Kristin

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home