Saturday, June 17, 2006

Post #141...wow..that seems like alot to me...

I've totally neglected this blog and I feel horrible. I'll try to make more of an effort.

Update on Cam: Big things for my big guy! He is now a seasoned 2-wheeler! Sean took the training wheels off of his bike and it took maybe...15 seconds for him to "get it". He's 100% balanced and can turn corners and go up and down curbs like a pro. Big step!
And the thing I'm most proud of is that he's reading. He just finished reading me Go Dog, Go! It makes bedtime a helluva lot longer, but I've been able to let it go. I'm amazed that he's sounding out the words. He read the entire book. And when I was reading One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish he read it with me.

Cuyler Update: Again, happy to report that language continues to move right along! We are working on pronouns as he was having a hard time referring to himself out of third person. So we're working on I, my, me, mine etc. We're also working on getting him to answer "yes". He's got NO down pat and has for some time, but he NEVER answers yes. The only affirmative he gives is smiling, jumping and repeating ie:
ME: "Do you want some juice?"
CUY: "Juice!! Juice!"

He's doing tons of requesting and it's more random as opposed to set patterns.
Eye contact is fantastic. And my favourite thing that he does lately is greet everyone. All the neighbours, whenever he see's anyone he shouts "Hi Lisa!" "Hi Colin!" "Hi Janice!" And what makes me the most proud is the comments we're getting from others - saying how great he's doing, how far he's come, how different he is now. It just validates everything we've done so far and the plans that we're making. Speaking fo which, we start the RDI Supervision in August!!!


Update on me: I'm pregnant. Yep...I know. HOLY SHITBALLS! That's what we thought. I'll spare the gory details, but suffice to say this was totally unexpected and after a few difficult weeks of coming to terms with the future we're getting as opposed to the future we planned - we're very excited.
So there ya go. That's where I've been. Sleeping or heaving.
New arrival set to join us early January!

And NO - I am not hoping for a girl this time. I can say in all honesty - I have no pull either way...girl or boy. I love my boys. TONS...more than anything and one more would complete us. And I really think that girls needs sisters. But on the other hand, the shopping I could do for a girl. Whoa!

4 Comments:

Blogger Octobermom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!I'm so happy for you!

11:15 PM  
Blogger K.C.'sMommy said...

Hi, Congratulations to you and your family! Way to go Cuyler and Cam!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Big news :o) I'm glad to hear the boys are doing well. And training wheels are off Cam's bike? Boo would be so jealous! We're waiting a little longer until I am ready! I love it that Cuy's language is making great strides. The more they say, the more we know.

Take care,
Kristin

3:43 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wow! Congratulations! What wonderful news!

And Cuyler's language *really* sounds like it's coming along.

Great news all around. Take care of yourself and enjoy your pregnancy.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home