Christmas was amazing!
We had a great day. Aside from Cam waking up at 4am...and staying awake - it was a great Christmas.
Santa emailed Cam on Christmas Eve and told him that he couldn't go downstairs until the clock said 7:00, so we had to keep him in bed for 3 hours. Luckily the movie "Elf" was on MOD (Movie On Demand), so Sean set that up while we slept. At 7 we went downstairs. Sean had to wake Cuy up of course so he was a bit buggered to begin with, but soon perked up. He didn't quite know what to make of all the presents, but he seemed excited...especially with this. It was Santa's big gift to Cam. You can imagine how soon the novelty lasted with these (for me. The boys LOVE them). I have to say tho, Cam is a pretty good drummer and keep up a beat with Tre Cool.
This was one of Santas gifts for Cuy. He loves pushing strollers around and his Build A Bear Elmo fits perfectly into it. Hopefully we can get lots of pretend play going with it.
One of the best gifts he got was a Caillou bath set. It has all the kid characters and it's a beach set, with buckets, swim tubes, a sun and a few other odds and ends. It is an amazing pretend play toy. He is using them appropriately in the tub saying "Caillou swimming! Caillou spaaash! Hi Rosie! Rosie swimming!"
The best part about it is that I found it on clearance at Zellers for 2 bucks!! I thought it was a chinzy toy, but when we opened it, it's great!
Sean and I hosted dinner, which I think went well. I was just thrilled to have my whole family there together. My mom, my dad, my oldest sister and her husband and 2 kids, and my middle sister and her hubby from Vancouver. It was a full house - but a FUN house!! (We don't do alot of hosting)
I said to Sean "Forget being married and having 2 kids - hosting a Christmas dinner is what made me feel like a grown up!"
So a very successful Christmas this year.
I was going over my training manual for work. I have a "meet and greet" next week from 5:30pm - 7:30pm. That's fine - only it'll take me about 40 minutes to get to the location (I hate driving far). Let's hope I don't get hit with a dose of "tummy trouble" which has been plaguing me again.
Then I have training from Jan 9-20 from 8am-3pm - at this same location. And there is a written test on the 18th and an ORAL TEST (what the fuck??) on the 20th.
Ummmm...I'm getting paid nearly minimum wage. How much do I need to know???
I'm starting to wonder about this whole thing...
And what do I do for childcare? I only took the job because it's 9-12. That's all I can do. I will have to leave at 7am to get there on time. Which means I have to get up at 6 (the last time I got up at 6am was to nurse a baby 2 years ago.) Who will drop the kids off? Who will pick Cuy up at 12:30? He will only go in my van and the odd time in Sean's car...
I'm really really hoping Sean can tweak his schedule for those 2 weeks. I emailed the girl and asked her to give me specific dates and times. Hopefully it won't be the full 2 weeks.
I just want to get in and start my 3hours a day. That I'm looking forward to...the whole "training" - not so much. Not at all actually. I feel my tummy rumble already.


2 Comments:
I hope everything works out for you! That's a lot of training for close to minimum wage. Wow. Thank god it will only be for 2 weeks. Easy for me to say. I'm crossing my fingers for you :o)
Kristin
Hi Christine,
Boy....it feels like ages since I've talked with you. Congrats on the job and everything else that's going well in your life. Your boys are both so sweet! Love the Christmas photo...how beautiful is that!
Hope to see you soon. Anytime over the holidays for Tim's?
luv kelly
Post a Comment
<< Home