Okay, okay...I'm updating.
The Christmas concert.
Yesterday morning:
He did go on the bus for the rehearsal. Cried and wasn't impressed on the way there.
He also refused to go on the stage, but he did sit in the audience seats singing and clapping while his classmates rehearsed.
He did not mind the bus ride back.
I did not wait in the parking lot nor was I nearby when they boarded the bus.
They all had my cell number and I did stay in town and not go far in case I was needed.
I decided to stay away because as we prepped him at home "Cuyler! You're going on a school bus!"
His response would be "NO! Bye bye bus. No school bus."
When I brought him into school yesterday morning, we walked in, his teacher said "Cuyler! Are you going on a school bus today?"
His response was "Bus!! School bus! YAY!"
Bugger.
Last night:
We took him ourselves. We figured he went on the bus already. Sean took him to where the kids were waiting. He was a bit upset. But Sean handled him like he always does - calmly & patiently. Cuy feeds off that.
Anyways...long story short. He didn't really participate. But he did.
His whole group was out on stage performing and Cuy ran onstage. Stopped. And ran off.
So he did make a stage appearance!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once his class had finished, Sean brought him out to the audience and he was happy and enjoyed watching the other kids perform - singing, dancing and clapping.
A success!
ANOTHER ONE!!!


1 Comments:
Glad to hear how it went. You guys handled it all beautifully and just followed Cuy's lead. A success in everyone's eyes! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment
<< Home