Tuesday, September 27, 2005

This is more of a record post...to look back and see the things he was doing. It was one of those days where he did alot of things that impressed me.
But the day started out...not so great. You see, there's a seasonal change taking place and that means new articles of clothing. So in our house, that means a fight to get his jacket on. I carried him out to the van flailing and screaming. Thank god the neighbours know us well enough to not think anything of it. He would rip out chunks of my hair and shout "ALLDONE! BYE BYE JA-ETT!" And cried until we got to school. Once the horrific jacket was removed from his body - he was absolutely fine. So I told them to take him outside in the playground without the jacket if they needed to. And of course - they needed to. No biggie.

So he had a great morning at school. My Dad came by for a visit after we got back from preschool. It took Cuy awhile to come down to see Granda, but once he did he was a showoff. He sang songs and he did some dancing for us (Cuyler...not Granda!!) and he did the hearty, big bellied "Noooooooobody!" laugh. (It's from a local commercial - we say "Noooooooooooobody!" and he laughs his frikkin head off!)

After dinner we went outside. Cuy took my hand and we walked up and down the sidewalk and he was singing. It took me a second to figure it out but he was singing - and doing the hand signals - to Wheels on the Bus, but he was singing "The driver on the bus says move on back, move on back, move back......."
Then Sean had them out playing road hockey (okay, driveway hockey). He took Seans hand and said "house". Sean let him and and he ran into me and said "Change bum."
"Change bum?" I asked
Then he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the stairs and said "Bath!" Okay, it's bathtime!
After bath he said "Buss tee" And he let me brush his teeth - properly! Probably the cleanest they've ever been!

I think it's funny that the only body part that he can really indentify is his weiner. He was grabbing it in the tub and I asked "What's that?"
"Peeeenis!" Typical guy.
And this afternoon he did something which I thought was amazing. He was on the couch and he looked at me and said "Tooo!"
"Toooo? Are you 2?" I asked him.
"Toooo! Tooooo!" he repeated.
He came over and sat on my lap and I could then smell it.
He farted.
And only the mother of a child with ASD can understand my elation at the fact that he acknowledged that he tooted. Everytime he passes wind I say "You tooted!" Well this time he got it. He realized that he tooted and he told me. It just showed that he's aware of what his body is doing, which is huge.
And bedtime. I love bedtime. I lie in his bed with him and read a story of his choosing. It's either Franklin Plays Hockey or Elmo Says Achoo. Tonight was Elmo. i love when he picks Elmo because t's such a short book. So I read it and hand it to him when I'm done. He then shoves me out of his bed and says "Byeee! Night night"
I say "Night night"
He says "Seeyoo inna mownee" (See you in the morning!) I love it!


Temporary comment section here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home