
Ahhh! FINALLY!
I was going to post about the birthday party that the Downs' threw for 2 weeks back, but I wanted to post pics with it!
This is me with my boys: Caleb (yellow shirt), Cam (green shirt), Brodie (my God baby, white shirt) and Cuy (red stripes).
We had a yummy chicken bake, with salad and Allisons corn. You can see what dessert was - kudos to Peter for the cake...wow was it good! (that kinda makes it sound like he made it...he didn't...he CHOSE it - good choice Peter!!!)
The kids played really well together and didn't eat much dinner - but all had cake of course. Even Cuy (we brought some of the leftover gfcf banana cake my Mum made for my birthday).
After dinner we (meaning Andrea, her Mum and myself) took the kids to the park. Cuy sat in the swing the whole time in a daze. He was so tired the swing just mesmerized him into a zone. The other 3 were running and pedalling their asses off. 3 boys, two bikes, 2 helmets. Amazingly enough, they did not fight over the bikes (that much) and were all very willing to share.
I did get a bit of a pang that Cuy wasn't in the fray with them, but I suppose part of me will always feel that way when we are with these guys. Cuyler is 2 weeks and 2 days older than Brodie and it is a huge reminder of his delays. Mind you Brodie is pretty far ahead of most 2.5 yr olds...
Anyways it was a wonderful evening and I thank them for giving me such a special night! We are so lucky to have you guys!
~C


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home