What a weird day today was.
The weather sucked, for one thing...and I was just on autopilot I think. Just one of those Blaaaahhhh days.
Cuy did AWESOME at CIP. He was doing spontaneous exchanges with his pecs (no - not his boob muscles!). I'm not going to explain what that means - but just know that it's TERRIFIC!!!!!! YAY CUY!
For some reason - he did NOT want to take his swim class tonight. He looked sooo sad. His bottom lip hanging down, like he was trying hard not to cry, but saying "out!...byebye!...all done!...out!" So I obliged and he got out after about 5 minutes. This better not become a habit. Daddy makes it too much fun in the waiting room.
This afternoon Cam and I had plans to go to the splash pad with Andrea and the boys, but the weather quashed that. So I said I'd get him a slushy and we'd do something fun. Got the slushy, found a great park and played for bit, but then the rain started again...sooo, back to CIP and we waited in the hallway playing the Letter Game. I say a word - he tells me what it starts with. He's so freakin smart!
And Sean...poor Sean. He was at the mall (Square One) with a co-worker and came upon a crime scene as they were leaving. While they were in the mall some guy was shot and killed in his suv, after he had just gone to the bank. Sean saw the guy getting worked on by paramedics and loaded into the ambulance. He figured the guy was dead as there was no real urgency when they were leaving - lights on, no siren. God - it really REALLY pisses me off. Those low life scumbag muther f'ers. Right where the guy got shot is where we enter the mall when we go to have lunch with Sean. How many innocent kids, people for that matter, had their lives put at risk because of these assholes (who, by the way, have not been caught as of this posting).
I keep thinking of the dead guy. And how he got up today, got dressed, ate breakfast, went to the bank and is now dead with 2 bullets in his face.
I think of the family. And even the witnesses to the shooting. I know how I've been feeling since Sean called me. I can't imagine the people who actually saw.
I hate the fact that shit like this is happening closer to home. It makes me mad and it terrifies me.
So on that note, I will sign off to go cuddle with a little boy who I thought was alseep.
~C


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home