
Sean has gone to Taste of the Danforth tonight, so Cam and I decided we would do sushi.
We spent the day afternoon in Burlington at Corrine's house hanging with her and Joshua. The kids had alot of fun. As usual Cam played with Josh and Cuy did his own thing.
I wanted to go to the ASO office (Autsim Society of Ontario) because the Halton branch is in Burlington, but I got annoyed and turned around. I am sure that I can find a closer one in Peel (Brampton or Mississauga). I want to get another bracelet and a car magnet.
Is that weird that I want them? Is it like advertising that we are affected by autism?
I met a girl who has 4 year old twins, both with PDD and she just got a permit to park in handicapped parking (is that the PC way to say that?). She said that people questioned her on that, but I totally don't blame her - 2 kids, both with PDD (part of the spetrum)...that's a safety issue! I actually have thought about that, but since Cuyler still refuses to freakin walk anywhere - we don't have that issue.
I also found out that we get discounted and often free admission into most family attractions (Zoo, Ontario Place, Marineland, movies, CNE, Wonderland...) because Cuyler has special needs. Too bad I didn't find that put BEFORE I used my airmiles for the Zoo passes...
So another thing I did today that I could not have done last year (getting back to the sushi...) I called ahead and ordered the sushi for pick up. Got Cuyler into his jammies and took them with me. I brought them both into the restaurant and he did so great while we were waiting. Flirting, laughing, jumping, singing...who IS this kid?? Last year he would have FREAKED walking in the doors. I was a bit nervous bringing him in. I think because I always had to brace myself no matter what we did before. He would seem to have a meltdown all the time over anything. That's just not happening anymore. Funny how the little things mean so much. It was wonderful for me to pick up a take-out dinner and not have a screaming, flailing child. Those 5 minutes were the highlight of my day. That and sitting down to a yummy dinner with Cam after Cuyler went to bed.
God...I wonder what this journal would have looked like if written a year ago. very VERY different...that's for sure...
Life is good...I just wish Sean were here to hang with me on the porch tonight. It's gorgeous outside.
~C


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home