
Awwww! Doesn't he look peaceful? Sleeping away, hopefully having sweet dreams. That's because right before I took this photo - he took a huge dump. For some reason - this kid only poo's after he's gone to bed - or gone to sleep for that matter. We alternate who goes in and changes him. Tonight was my night. It's just easier if I do it myself. I can change him, in the dark, without waking him up. All I hear when Sean is in there is "Aw Crap!" "Cuyler Staaawp! No, don't do that. Stupid wipes!"...almost like Napolean Dynamite is changing him.
Then there's the odd "Honey can you come in here please". So - ya, I do it quicker and better. The last time Sean changed him, the poor boy still had poop on his bits when I changed him in the morning. But at least he does it. Or tries to. A for effort, honey!
Sooo...let's talk about what Cuy ate today that he shouldn't have. Namely the onion rings from Harveys. They were on the dining room table. Who knew he could reach? We know now and we also know that if he can't eat it - we won't buy it. I felt like a right idiot when I saw him finishing it off. He looked like a dog who had just eaten the steak off of his owners plate. He knew he shouldn't have - but they were so worth the trouble he'd get into.
Oh! And I can't forget the 7...yes SEVEN ice cream cones that he ate while I was up checking my email. Now - these cones are 10 bucks for 24. My friend Dawn bought them for me from the nutrition store down at Sick Kids - because they are gluten and casein free for him.
I gave him a cone with some So Good "ice cream" (thanks again Robin!) and thought I'd have time to check my email and see if there was a Kirk update. Well by the time I got down...I found 7 ice cream cone tops. The round part where the ice cream gets put in to. He likes to eat the pointy part. Who knew he could reach the middle of the counter as well as the dining room table??? I felt like such a rotten Mom. To be honest, I heard him crunching the cone...and thought it was the same cone I'd first given him. Oh well. Live and learn.
I am confessing on here that I have to really be aware of how I speak to Cam. I am so short tempered and impatient with him lately. I have no idea why. He's a good kid. And really fun to be around - but for the past week or so - he just grates me. I make sure that he gets lots of lovin and cuddles at bedtime. I don't want his last thought before he dozes off to be "Mommy was mean to me today". I know it's awful of me - but I'm aware of it and I'm really trying to keep my cool with him.
And Sean is conveniently "working from home" tomorrow. That conveniently happens on the Friday of long weekends. So we should have a fun day and a good start to the long weekend!
Thanks for reading!
~C


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home