Monday, August 01, 2005

Well...I am PMS'ing for sure and I married the right guy for sure. About an hour ago I told him I wanted an After Eight chocolate bar AND a pack of Skittles. And he went and got them for me. The bar has been eaten and the Skittles are being consumed as I type this. Yum!

We had a great long weekend. I got to sleep in and this morning Cam served me a large Tim Hortons double double coffee in bed. I am a lucky lady!
We spent yesterday at Darby and Tara's for their pool party. I cannot believe how well Cam can swim. He's a swimmer now! Jumping off the diving board into the deep end (life jacket on of course). And he loves just wearing water wings. I am so glad that he's comfortable in the water.
Cuyler on the other hand...well, he was happy to sit inside and watch a Wiggles video. We wondered if that's why he didnt take his swimming lesson last week. We tried him in their pool last week and he wasn't into it..."Noooo...all done!"
The closest we got to getting him in today was having him throw things in the pool. Kept him laughing for a long time...and he was using lots of language!! So it was a positive experience this weekend. Hopefully he doesn't refuse his lessons tomorrow.

It was really nice to be out with our friends. I quite enjoyed the comments we got from people telling us the difference they saw in Cuy. Darby especially was pretty impressed with how many changes he'd seen in him in such a short amount of time. I was thrilled with Cuyler's response and reactions to everyone. Lot's of eye contact and he was much less resistant to people touching him or being in his space.
He even let Tara carry him down the stairs...a 7 month pregnant Tara carrying a near 40 pound Cuyler...bless her heart!
Again - I felt like we were a normal family doing normal things...with other normal people.

We also went to visit Sean's cousin Trevor, his wife Lorraine and their 2 week old Colin. I held him. Cam held him. Cuyler fleetingly glanced at him.
I even had the baby on my lap, Cam on my right side and Cuyler on my left. And it felt gooooooood!
I could sooo have another. I could totally handle it. But I know I totally couldn't.
I would be the mother who people shake their head at and say "Why would she have another???" "She is way over her head."
The thought of another baby is all very romantic and a very nice idea. But probably a really shitty reality (for us). The more new Moms I see, the more I realize how mentally fucked up I get after I have a baby. Either I get really messed up or they are really great at hiding it.
But Sean still can't get snipped. Sorry babe.

Well...I'm at the end of my Skittles and I'm gonna sign off now!

~C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home