Still here.
Still pregnant. 2 days til my due date...oy...
We had an eventful Christmas break. Cam had his first hockey tournament. I think in my last post he was playing net, but atthe last minute he decided he wanted to play out and score goals. Good thing too! (Click to enlarge)
I've officially become a hockey Mom. I just pray that I am not one of those obnoxious ones who cheer to the point of annoying everyone around me. I don't think so...not yet.
I also told Sean that if I ever wore a button on my jacket with his hockey picture on it, to remove it and poke me in the eyes with it.
They made it to the finals and lost by a goal. Cam played what was probably his best game yet. Very skilled and he supported his team by making some good passes. He had 3 major breakaways, but was stopped by the goalie. It was a fantastic (albeit stressful) game to watch. I had to keep reminding myself that these kids are only 5.
The BEST part of the whole tournament was at the end of the championship game, they annouced over the loudspeaker the "Player of The Game. From TimBits Bruins...number 9...Campbell Coleman!"
Oh
My
God!
He didn't score a goal, yet he got player of the game. Up in the stands I was floored. I think it was one of THE most proudest moments I have felt since becoming a Mom. I was just so happy for him. And Sean coaches the team, so it was really special for him to be on the ice with him throughout.
The ironic thing is - that wasn't the best part of the game for him. He'll tell you about 5 things that he thought were great about the game, then say "Oh ya, I got player of the game at the end."
He got a little puck for it, that was presented to him in front of the crowd (he got a good loud cheer - I loved it!):
and then the team also got a trophy for being finalists. 
And...for good measure they put his name in the paper
BACKWARDS


4 Comments:
Way to go Cam:-) We're so proud of you, Joshua can't wait to play with you again so he can pick up some tips from the MVP!
Love,
Corrine
yay Cam!! that's so exciting...even if it was backwards!!!
..and seriously...could he look any more like you???!!!
Way to go Cam! You are awesome!
Did you cry? I totally would have cried. That is awesome.
Post a Comment
<< Home