Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The day started off pretty awful. Cuyler woke up in a snit.
Well...not a snit. He was just in a rotten mood and he tantrumed for most of the morning. He was so full of fits that I became so frustrated with his screaming and my inability to calm or settle him that I kicked a hole in our linen closet door.
Everything I had planned on doing today, just didn't happen. We didn't even get out the door. I didn't want to risk being in public with him if he took another bad turn.
It was just one fit right into another. He wanted to set his juice cup (with juice in it) on the sofa and freaked when I set it on the table. Then wanted sausage - which we are out of. Then he wanted a bagel, but wanted it immediately (it was frozen). Then after he calmed from that fit, he couldn't open the basement door because he had margarine on his hands from the bagel he FINALLY got. Then I helped him and that threw him into another tizzy.
It was about 1:30 when he finally calmed down. He went downstairs and as much as I don't like doing it, I left him alone to chill by himself for most of the afternoon. Do whatever he wanted...roll his trains back and forth, jump on the trampoline. I had to just let him be. I seemed to really just piss him off when I went near him or said his name.

What timing!! We had a new behaviour therapist come this evening. She was wonderful. She is going to visit him at school and give us suggestions to increase his social skills. Gave us some great suggestions to start working on things at home. I have to to go the dollar store tomorrow and get a hair piece (one of those fake ponytails) for Cuyler. I am to give it to him when he pulls my hair. She thinks it may be sensory because on top of ripping my hair out viciously, he also likes to gently rub my hair bewteen his index finger and thumb. I'm pretty sure he's gonna hate the fake hair - he gets freaked out by barbie dolls or anything with hair like that...so it should be interesting. I'll try anything to keep him from ripping my hair out.
She also gave us some strategies for how to react (or not) when he's in a fit and also helping him "wait it out". I've got to get a kitchen timer tomorrow.
So I guess it's a good thing I didn't get out today. I can get all my stuff in one trip.

Today was my last day as a stay at home mom with both boys. Wednesday is the only day that both of them don't have school.
Tomorrow is my last day as a stay at home mom without kids. Yesterday I had running around to do and as I was just starting my errands I saw a lady on the side of the road. She had slipped on the ice. I took her to emerg and waited until her husband came. (She took my name and number and called me last night - she broke her fibia and will need surgery)
So, I was unable to get my stuff done. Which is why I bumped it to today. But at least I have tomorrow to do it all.
I start work on Friday 9-5. Everyday next week 9-5. Sean is taking the week off to be "me". I'm excied for him...for one week we get to swich places. And the following week I start my regular M-F 9-noon.
So while I am sad to leave my post as SAHM, I'm not really leaving it. Their life won't change and they won't even know I work. Well, Cam will - he'll be with me at work on Mondays.

I gotta stop writing. I cannot take my eyes off of "Skating with Celebrities"

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Reading your post about Cuy was just like reading something I would have written about Shay. Some days he is just meltdown after meltdown. And I have to completely leave him alone, like it is ME that pisses him off. And I have gotten so mad that I have to pound on the floor to get my frustrations out. I have pounded so hard that my hands hurt. And as bad as it sounds, I am just glad that someone as strong as you are goes thru the same thing, I am NOT alone in feeling this way!

And you are such a great person for helping that woman. You didn't get to do your errands, but you will be blessed 10 fold for that. Some things are meant to happen. You really are a good person Christine!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Mom to Mr. Handsome said...

That was such a great thing that you did for that lady. I thank god everytime someone "comes to my rescue". Senseless acts of kindness have saved me many days.


Kristin

2:14 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

i think 9-12 will be perfect for you.
i wish i could find a 9-12 job!!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home