As soon as I can figure out how to transfer pics from my phone to the pc, I will post Cams hockey pics from tonight.
Yes - tonight was his first night of hockey "school". I think it's insane that he's 4. And this is his third year skating. We bit the bullet and brought Cuyler to the arena with us. Last year he was not a fan of the arena. So we wouldn't always go together. And we would sometimes get a grandparent to watch him while Sean and I went. So we decided that we would all go. And give him a chance to not hate it. And he didn't hate it. In fact, he quite enjoyed watching the kids play hockey. "Pay hockey! Cam pay hockey!" Great...now he's a rink-rat. Just like all the other little brothers!
So we live by this from now on:
"Treat me as I am and I will remain as I am. Treat me as I could be and I will become that bigger and better man."
We will do things as any family would. And if it doesn't work, if he can't manage - at least we tried. He'll never surprise us if we never give him the opportunity to.
He's been pretty fun lately. I'm half wondering if it's the CLO/EFA removal.
Sean opened his door this morning and Cuy looked up a him and said "Ohhhhhhhh! Hiiiiiii Daddy!" What a way to start the day!
He was looking into the air yesterday and was softly waving his hands around in front of his face. I was freaked for a second. I'm thinking "Christ!...is he having a seizure??"
But then he looked at me and said "Sow-weee!"
He thought that the dust in the air was snow! I suppose I better start cleaning a little more thoroughly.
(in my defence it was the dust you see in the sunbeams that come through the window).
And I was disciplining Cam this afternoon and said rather sternly "Go on! Up to your room!"
Cuys starts laughing and repeats it, just as I had said it to Cam. "GO! To oh ooom!" He thought he was pretty funny. So did I.
They've also been seeing some great progress at school. So much so that they are pulling support on Tuesdays. They are pulling the TA 2 Tuesdays in Nov. Then all Tuesdays starting December. We'd prefer the support stay with him, however we think he'll do just fine.
As I typed this entry Sean changed Cuys dirty diaper. It was sour-ish and mushy.
Frig! Time to see the Naturopath.
Seans sister took this of Cuy and I. I have so few (read: none) pictures of Cuy and I, so I was happy that it turned out decent.


3 Comments:
Oh my god! How frikkin cute are YOU???!!!!!!
A few months ago, we took India to a restaurant after about a year of avoiding dining out with her and were pleasantly surprised that she sat happily for over an hour while we ate. This Sunday, we went to the movies and she sat happily in a booster seat next to her big brother and ate popcorn enjoyed the movie. This business of trying everything out fearlessly has been one that's been on my mind lately and one I'd meant to blog about (you beat me to it!). But I agree, we need to give them credit - our babies will be fine and we need to expose them to as much as possible.
You go, Cuy! Who's a big boy? Cuy's a big boy!! Cuy's a big boy!!!
What a great pic!
It takes a lot for us to suck it up and take that first step - taking them somewhere new (or not new, for that matter) and not knowing what to expect. I agree with you, though, it's got to be done. You said it all with your new motto. If we keep treating them like we expect them to be, then they'll stay exactly that way. Let them get out and experience new things, let them grow.
Great job, Cuy! You, too, Mom & Dad!
Hey Christine - I was so happy to have you and Cuyler over on Tuesday night. It was amazing to me (I hadn't seen Culyer in a while) how outgoing he was with us and all the wonderful words he was using while interacting with Brodie. Brodie told me "I had fun playing games with Cuyler". I think this was the first time they did play. I loved it when he took my hand to walk down the stairs. You amaze me with your skills (from ECE and from motherhood). Soo much love to you both! Andrea
Post a Comment
<< Home